Sunday, April 15, 2012

My new Garden Beds

 This is where it all begins, my new garden beds.
We needed to roto-till the garden first to make the soil nice and workable


here is my little awesome dude helping out with his little lawn mower


and the construction begins


day #2 was a bit of a challenge b/c the beds are on a bit of a hill
and one side was taller then the other so we had to improvise a bit


and the beds are done


other angle


my hubby put in our left over brick from the patio


some topsoil followed by organic compost


and here are the beds filled to the top


other side


some of my spring crop is already in


starting on the summer crop


some herbs


spring weather brings all sorts of surprises 
and sure enough temperatures dropped to almost 20's 
so we needed to keep the veggies nice and warm for the night


more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment